Friday, March 03, 2006

schmidt happens

Yes I know I have proven already to be a poor excuse of a blogger. Not only do I have a spelling weakness, my memory also seems to be failing me. I forgot my user name and just recently, like this morning I lucked out on one of my guesses, and whula....I got in. This morning started out with a bang or should I say flame....I was doing the domestic thing and baking muffins for my kids. I noticed a flashing in my oven and looked in, to a good sized flame . You are told what to do in grade school what to do and all of a sudden you have no clue. (maybe its my memory thing), "Merle"...I yell only to find him in our back yard trying to hunt down a stinky rodent "ein pisch cote", that we discovered yesterday. Don't those things hibernate? Anyway, I'll save that for another blog... so I run to our back door and yell to him that we have a fire in our oven. Oh yes, I then remember you are to throw, or sprinkle what ever you wish, baking soda or was in baking powder?????I grab the first baking article I could find and start throwing it frantically in my oven,in hand fulls. By this time all my kids are up, with a bit of fear in their eyes...wow, I think. That was the quickest wakeup ever...Yelling "fire", may be my new wakeup tactic. What started the fire? Looked like something plastic, but too melted to know what from. So the next hour was spent trying to remove this hard baked plastic from my oven, and racks. Not to mention trying to get all the smoke and burnt plastics smell from our humble abode. The kids were cold, the windows were open, and mama was not a happy camper! The kids made it to school. Possibly smelling of a little smoke. I did eventually get my coffee. The muffins are still unbaked on the counter, but all is well.... Schmidt just happen!

3 Comments:

At 12:22 p.m., Blogger Brian the Mennonite said...

Shelley, I love this...all of it. I was laughing hard at several things..."pisch cote"..."whula"..."Merle"..."first baking article I could find"..."the kids were cold"...sending the kids to school "possibly smelling of a little smoke"
Great post Shelley...you're one of us now. Mwwaahh ha ha...we have succeeded!

 
At 1:12 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

can I come for coffee and muffins-flambe?

 
At 1:51 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shell you've always got a story to tell...I love that you have a site...I'll be checking :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home