Monday, December 11, 2006

Singletons

My mother decided to use a gift certificate that was soon to expire. Her and Dad were heading to the city, so why not try it out what was she going to loose. Her head definitely needed some attention. And like most of us, when we want a haircut, we want it yesterday. So off to singletons she went. As she put it, " I had some misgiving when I walked in to a large saloon, with only 2 stylist." I am sure she meant salon, I don't think she entered cowboys zone with guns and shootouts . Anyway she proceeds to tell me that a large man was her designated hairdresser. She told him, that she was looking for a trim, especially around the ears. As he starts cutting she has had enough experience with good hairdressers, that she could tell right away she may have made a mistake, but it was to late this man was in the midst of his creation. After the styling was completed mom asks this big man, " So what's your name if I decide to come back here?" I think this was considered small talk. I don't think there was any intent of her going back. The man, in his gruff voice says, "Bo." Mom who is a little hard of hearing asks again, not sure of what he said. After a few tries she asks, "like B...O...."? (which I found very humorous.) The master piece was finished, mom submitted her gift certificate, and waited for dad to pick her up. All the while wondering how she was going to fix this disaster. This morning dad calls, and asks if I have time to give him a hair cut. Sure I replied. Could you give mom one too? We will be there at 10:00. My dad says to her, "Oh Hon, the difference between a good and a bad hair cut is a few weeks. She replied, no the difference is a trip to shells. Yes, we fixed her up nice. She is now ready to go out in public. Bo, that was a mulet gone wrong.

10 Comments:

At 2:10 p.m., Blogger it's a gong show... said...

She should've stuck with her regular "saloon"...LOL

B

 
At 2:10 p.m., Blogger Crystal said...

I am STILL laughing! Oh boy, good thing our mothers have daughters that can do a quick fix!

Although I do think the mullet is making a comeback...

 
At 2:42 p.m., Blogger esther said...

oh shell...soooooooo post worthy!!
that's hilarious!!!
poor ma.

 
At 4:29 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay Shell, I really don't believe I said "saloon". But anyways, that was my second and LAST EVER attempt at a "new" hairdresser. Heather, here I come.....Mom

 
At 5:43 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

mart forgot to say
Thanks Shell for doing an awesome job fixing up the mess the saloon made. Okay, so maybe I did say saloon. (I think God is punishing me for making fun of my mother.) She would say things like "after I left the doctors I had to stop at the drugstore and pick up a conscription." So remember Shell, don't make fun of your mother, God could punish you for it too!

 
At 6:48 p.m., Blogger it's a gong show... said...

Tante Mart, I can vouch for Shell about the "saloon"...pretty sure that's what was said..hee hee.

B

 
At 3:23 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

In our house, we refer to that as pulling a Henry (as in uncle Henry). He used to tell Jay that his snowmobile had SUSPENDED SUSPENSION. And there's lots more where that came from. You all come by it honestly!
Jo

 
At 5:21 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh too funny...I can just see it...and yes I'm sure your mom said saloon...this is the woman who goes pee in the men's washroom, not once but twice....and doesn't notice....I'm still laughing...tante L

 
At 9:02 a.m., Blogger it's a gong show... said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:48 p.m., Blogger svea said...

Oh my GOSH! That is too funny, it is terrible when defensless women are attacked by men with BO....heh heh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home