Friday, February 23, 2007

minds

Hi there blogland buddies, sorry for the stale mate entertainment you've been recieving here at Schmidt happens. a few weeks ago, one of my Anne Shirleys shared a quote with me that has been on my mind. It definately has challenged me in my conversations. I figure it is blog worthy, you tell me what you think. Here it is, "small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, and great minds talk about ideas." I wish I could tell you who wrote it. chances are my Anne Shirley won't be able to sleep until she has retrieved it out of her filing cabinet. I guess the question or challenge is, what kind of mind do you have?

5 Comments:

At 3:01 p.m., Blogger Crystal said...

FINALLY! Gee shell, I almost deleted your blog in my bookmarks....

Very wise words and it's really true. Miserable people want to feel better about themselves, and the way to do that is to cut others down. I think it can also be said that small minds invite that conversation. They create a safe environment and give these people more power to do their damage. How many times do I wish I would have stood up and defended someone when I just sat by and said nothing? It makes me feel ashamed of myself, but at least I feel the shame. That gives me hope.

(Your quote comes from Eleanor Roosevelt.)

Glad you're back!

 
At 3:41 p.m., Blogger it's a gong show... said...

Awesome comment Crys. I absolutely agree with you. Unfortunately I would have to say that there have been time when my mind was simple. I am striving to be the mind that has ideas!

P.S. I knew Crys would know whose quote that was...lol...she beat Anne Shirley to it!

 
At 5:07 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come I have such wise children????? L

 
At 9:03 p.m., Blogger Martha said...

Definitely blog worthy and a good reminder for us all. My interpretation of that quote is "secure" or "insecure" mind. Unfortunately my mind is too often on the "insecure" side but I AM working on it.

 
At 8:49 p.m., Blogger esther said...

nice shell, and a great challenge!!
a good reminder to not be so small minded - ick, i really wish i could say i'm part of the ideas pack!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home